Wulf's Webden

The Webden on WordPress



We did some work in the front garden today, moving the compost bin nearer the house and starting to dig an extension to the rhubarb bed where it had been. The plan is to move all the rhubarb plants to run along the front of the longer bed, making them easier to harvest, and to plant a range of flowers along the back of the bed.

The unexpected challenge was the discover of a layer of concrete slab about a foot below the surface level. It was not very thick and (with some effort) we managed to lift what we needed but it wasn’t protecting anything obvious and surely would have been too low down to represent a previous patio at the front.

It will probably remain a mystery; meanwhile, plans for the 2013 garden proceed apace!

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *.